For the past 400 years, the Ship Hotel, Weybridge has been serving the needs of the good townsfolk of Weybridge and the surrounding area. Conveniently situated at the beginning of the last staging post between
Even to this day there is a Blacksmith’s Forge adjoining the side entrance of the hotel. From 1729 the Manoral Courts of Weybridge and Byfleet were held on the premises. In the early part of the 18th Century the Ship became the Recruiting Office for the men of Weybridge at the time of the Napoleon’s threatened invasion in 1803. In 1965 an additional bedroom wing and Ballroom were added by the Thistle Hotel Group on land adjoining the hotel. In 2003 the property was acquired by Douglas Gordon, owner of Shepperton Hotels Ltd who renovated and expanded the hotel to 76 bedrooms by the addition of a whole new floor in 2006.